Data Protection at VSB
Welcome at VSB!
VSB attaches great importance to your privacy. The protection and legally compliant processing of your personal data are important to us. We therefore inform you here about what personal data we collect and to what extent we use it when you visit our website.
1. Who is responsible for processing my data?
Controller is, in accordance with the provisions of data protection law:
VSB Holding GmbH
represented by its managing directors Felix Grolman, Hartmut Lieder
Schweizer Str. 3 a,
1069 Dresden (Germany)
Tel.: + 49 351 21183 400
Fax.: + 49 351 21183 44
2. How to contact the Data Protection Officer?
You can reach our Data Protection Officer as follows:
VSB Holding GmbH
Schweizer Str. 3 a
Tel: +49 351 21183 657
3. For what purposes and on what legal basis does Data Processing take place?
3.1 Accessing our websites
When you visit one of our websites, we collect communication data that your browser automatically transmits to us to enable you to visit the website. This involves the following data:
- Date and time of your request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Volume of data transferred in each case
- Website from which you are visiting us (Referrer URL)
- Website that you are visiting
- Browser type and version used
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
The processing of this data is mandatory in order to be able to display the website to you, to ensure the functionality and security of our systems and to maintain the website administratively. The storage of data in log files is mandatory for the operation of the website. There is therefore no possibility of objection in this respect. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 para. 1 b) GDPR, provided that the page visit is made in the course of the initiation or execution of a contract, and otherwise Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR due to our legitimate interest in enabling visits to our websites and keeping our systems permanently functional and secure.
3.2.1 Indispensable cookies
- Google Tag Manager
- Usercentrics Consent Management Platform
The legal basis for the respective data processing is section 25 para. 2 of the German Act on Data Protection and the Protection of Privacy in Telecommunications and Telemedia (TTDSG) together with Art. 6 para. 1 b) or f) GDPR. The purpose of the processing is to make it easier for you to use our websites and to be able to offer you our services as desired. Some functions of our websites also do not work without the use of these cookies and could therefore not be offered, from which our legitimate interest in the processing of cookies is derived.
3.2.2 Cookies and technologies requiring approval
We use the services listed in this section on our websites based on your consent, which you have given us via the cookie banner in accordance with section 25 para. 1 of the German TTDSG together with Art. 6 para. 1) a) GDPR. Regardless of whether you have already consented to our cookies or not, you can give your consent subsequently or withdraw it at any time.Privacy Settings
Alternatively, you can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser software. Please note that the browser settings you make only apply to the browser you are using.
- Bing Conversion
- Facebook Connect
- Google Ads Conversion
- Google Analytics
- Google Maps
- LinkedIn Analytics
- YouTube Video
3.3 Use of our contact forms
If you contact us via one of our contact forms, we will process the information provided in the form in order to process your request. The processing is based on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR). Your data is transmitted via our contact form using SHA-256 bit, RSA encryption.
You have the option of subscribing to our event-related newsletter. To subscribe to the newsletter, you must provide us with a valid e-mail address and register to receive the newsletter. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address provided to ensure that you actually have access to the specified e-mail account (double opt-in procedure). We will only use your e-mail address to send you the newsletter. When you register for our newsletter, we log your IP address, the date and time of your registration for verification purposes. The data collected when you subscribe to the newsletter will not be merged with other data collected via our website unless you have given us your consent to do so. The legal basis for data processing is your consent to receive the newsletter (Art. 6 para. 1 a) GDPR). If you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time. Simply click the unsubscribe link at the end of each newsletter. This will revoke your consent to receive the newsletter. The legality of data processing up to the time of revocation remains unaffected by this.
3.5 Online presence in social networks
Our websites also contain links to other providers and links to social media offerings (facebook, LinkedIn, youtube) to which our data protection provisions do not extend. We have no influence on the nature and scope of the data that is transmitted in this context from and to the servers of these providers or operators of the social media platforms. The legal basis for the data processing carried out by the social networks on their own responsibility can be found in the data protection information of the respective social network.
4. To which recipients will my data be transferred by VSB?
VSB employees receive access to your data insofar as they are entrusted with tasks that serve to fulfill the above-mentioned purposes.
Partial services of our business activities are also provided by external partners. Personal data will only be disclosed to the extent and for the period necessary for the provision of the service. If the purpose of the service is to process personal data, the data will only be disclosed based on an order processing contract in accordance with Art. 28 para. 3 GDPR.
Categories of recipients of data may be:
- IT-Service Provider
- Recruitment Agency
- Polling Agency
- Marketing Service Provider
- Analysis Experts
- Service provider for the disposal of files and data carriers
Apart from that, your data will only be transferred to third parties if we are obliged to pass it on due to mandatory legal provisions or if you have expressly consented to this.
5. Will my data also be transferred to recipients outside the EU?
Your data will be processed in Germany and treated confidentially. If you contact one of our offices in other European countries, data processing will also take place there within the legally prescribed framework.
We also may use services of providers from third countries, meaning countries outside the EU or the European Economic Area, in which the level of data protection does not correspond to that of the European Union. In this respect, data processing takes place on the basis of your consent, Art. 49 para. 1 sentence 1 a) GDPR. In particular, there is a risk that your data may be processed by authorities in the third country for control and monitoring purposes, possibly also without the possibility of legal recourse. By clicking on "Accept all" in our cookie banner, you consent to your data also being processed in third countries. If you click on "Refuse", the transfer described above will not take place. If you wish to change your choice, you can give or withdraw your consent here.
6. How secure are my data at VSB?
We protect your data against unauthorized access, loss and alteration using all technical and organizational means available to us. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments. Our employees are obliged to maintain confidentiality and data protection. We would like to point out that data transmission on the Internet, e.g. by e-mail, is subject to security vulnerabilities, meaning that complete protection of data against unauthorized access cannot be guaranteed.
7. How long will my data be stored?
If your data is no longer required for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected, it will be deleted regularly, unless it must continue to be retained due to commercial/tax retention periods or for evidence purposes in accordance with statutory time limits.
The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for the aforementioned purposes. If an IP address is stored, it will be deleted or anonymized after 30 days at the latest.
Session cookies are deleted at the end of the session (e.g. logging out or closing the browser), persistent cookies are deleted after a specified period of time. Cookies can also be removed manually.
Your data collected in connection with the newsletter will be deleted 3 years after the end of the year in which you unsubscribed.
8. What are my rights as a data subject?
You have the right,
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to receive information free of charge on request as to whether and which personal data about you is stored at VSB and for what purpose;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to request the correction or completion of incorrect or incomplete data;
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future;
- in accordance with Art. 21 (1) GDPR, to object to data processing that is to be carried out on the basis of a legitimate interest for reasons arising from your particular situation;
- to request the erasure of data in certain cases within the scope of Art. 17 GDPR - in particular if the data is no longer required for the intended purpose or is being processed unlawfully, or if you have withdrawn your consent in accordance with (c) above or declared an objection in accordance with (d) above;
- under certain conditions, to demand the restriction of data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, insofar as deletion is not possible or the obligation to delete is disputed;
- to data portability in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, which means you can receive the data you have provided to us in a commonly used, machine-readable format and, if necessary, transmit it to others
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority about data processing.