Wind farm creation
Wind farm creation
From site selection and planning, right through to financing and construction, our experts work across departmental and national boundaries. That allows us to provide you with a full range of services from a single source, thus giving you the benefit of practical efficiency. Our goals are quality, optimal project management, premium components and excellent partnerships.
Do you own land and do you wish to install wind turbines? VSB offers a wide range of partnership opportunities for you. As a land owner, you can make a key contribution to the energy revolution in your region. You will benefit from the clean electricity that can be produced on your property. Enjoy secure long-term and predictable lease income. You will be involved in the landscape design during the planning phase, and you can participate in our beneficial partnership models. The result: environmentally friendly and socially acceptable wind energy projects.
- Climate change and global warming are one of the biggest challenges we presently face. Our actions today will have a fundamental impact on the livelihood of our future generations. read more
- The melt rate of polar and glacial ice has increased, the sea levels are rising, and extremes in weather patterns (drought and flood) are becoming more common. These are all directly linked to global warming. read more
- Global warming is the increase in average temperatures caused by the industrial release of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. read more
- At the Paris climate conference in December 2015, 195 countries adopted the first-ever universal, legally binding global climate deal. The agreement sets out a global action plan to put the world on track to avoid dangerous climate change by limiting global warming to well below 2°C. read more
- This will be achieved by reducing CO2 emissions in energy generation, industry, heating and transport. For energy generation this will mean that peat, coal, gas and all oil products will not be used as fuel. read more
- The world’s population is growing, and also the requirement for electricity. To meet the extra demand caused by the removal of fossil fuels, wind energy is regarded as the most efficient and cost-effective alternative. read more
Harnessing wind energy
- Wind power is clean and safe - it does not pollute the air, soil or water, nor does it deplete water resources. read more
- Wind power is economical – the wind is a free and unending raw material and there are practically zero variable costs.
- Wind power brings investment, tax income and enhances the image of municipalities, as well as bringing new opportunities for economic development. read more
- Wind power improves national energy self-sufficiency and lowers the overall cost of imported energy. read more
- Wind power production lowers the cost of electricity. The cost of wind power is very low when indirect costs are also included in the calculation. read more
- Wind energy can be installed and commissioned very quickly compared to other energy sources.
- One 3 MW wind turbine will generate enough electricity to supply 2,700 average households, and offset 7,500 tonnes of CO2.
- Wind turbines will generate 40-70 times more energy than is required for their manufacture, transportation, construction and demolition. read more
Optimal site selection
When searching for a suitable wind farm site, we consider a variety of criteria. We assess suitable sites thoroughly in terms of their eligibility for approval, wind potential and the resulting profitability. When evaluating sites, we consider conservation laws and infrastructure conditions. Only locations which fulfil all criteria can create win-win situations for all stakeholders involved.
Wind farm design
Wind farm developers are strictly controlled by laws relating to environmental protection and building regulation and permitting. read more
Wind farm infrastructure requires a relatively minimal occupation of surface area - so most agricultural and industrial activities are not restricted in any way.
Please contact us if you have any questions about wind farm design, construction and commercial operation.
Professional project planning
Based on reliable calculations, VSB Renewable Energy Ireland develops a tailored energy concept for your project site. Detailed planning includes both yield calculations for various turbine system types as well as any necessary project-specific expert reports. VSB relies on a professional network to pave the way for your sustainably planned and environmentally friendly wind energy projects using the latest measuring methods and informative reports.
We keep a close eye on the nature conservation aspects of the potential wind farm site during all planning steps. VSB Renewable Energy Ireland commissions renowned experts to produce detailed reports, to maximise findings from long-term analysis on the species present and their habitats.
Other key components are the design and planning for the medium and high voltage electric systems as well as the grid connection and the required cable routes. The goal is an energy concept tailored to the needs of the respective municipality, which allows us to control the overall costs at all times.
When detailed planning is concluded, your project enters the approval phase. We compile all the application documents – from emission certifications (noise, shadows), to detailed construction plans, and through to compensatory measures to protect the landscape – and submit them to the responsible authorities.
By employing detailed planning and the expert reports, the VSB Group has already succeeded in developing many environmentally friendly solutions in many regions throughout Europe. Once all official and legal conditions are fulfilled, the project can be constructed when approval is granted. After installing the necessary infrastructure, the wind turbines are assembled and commissioned. VSB will coordinate all the construction processes and maintenance procedures for an effective turnkey hand-over of wind farm.
Wind turbine technology has changed a lot in the last 15 years, and has made significant progress: the turbines are more powerful, quieter and blend better into the countryside. This higher efficiency means that just a few new turbines can generate the same yield as many older models.
VSB Renewable Energy Ireland benefits from the VSB Group’s longstanding procurement relationships with renowned turbine manufacturers, ensuring that the strictest quality requirements are fulfilled for a reliable and low-maintenance operation.