Data Privacy Statement in Accordance with Art. 13 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU)
Protecting your personal data is very important to us. Therefore, we use the personal data we collect exclusively in accordance with the applicable regulations on data protection. The following text explains in more detail what exactly this means.
This Data Privacy Statement was last updated on 24 May 2018. As we continue to develop and update our website and implement new technologies, it may become necessary to adapt this Data Privacy Statement. We therefore recommend that you re-read the Data Privacy Statement on a regular Basis.
1. What kind of data does VSB collect about me?
We collect and store your personal data (e.g. name, address, phone number or email address) if and to the extent that this is necessary to continue our business operations in an economical manner (Art. 6 Sec. 1 (f) GDPR) and only if your data are is available from a publicly accessible source such as the internet or a business directory or if you submit your data to us in a different way, e.g.
- by using the online application form or the contact form on our website,
- by sending us an enquiry via mail or email, or
- by submitting your data in the context of the conclusion of a contract or in the form of a Business Card.
We do not collect any personal data if you use our website for information purposes only. In this case, our web server uses so-called server log files to store the following information by default: used browser, operating system, your computer’s shortened and anonymised IP address, previously visited websites, access time, and the amount of data sent. This information cannot be used to identify you. Such data is collected in accordance with Art. 6 Sec. 1 (f) GDPR and exclusively used for the purpose of data safety and security and for statistical evaluation. This data are not used to create individual user profiles. It is also not shared with any third parties.
In order to optimise our website, we use so-called cookies, i.e. small text files that are stored on your computer and allow us to analyse your use of our website. We use Google Analytics to analyse such data. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google Inc. (USA). Based on the agreement on contract data processing that we, the website operator, have concluded with Google, Google collects statistical data on user behaviour on this website, thus enabling an anonymised statistical evaluation. This analysis affords an insight into the amount of visitors to our site, duration of access, browser type, or source of visitors. In addition, we use Google Analytics reports on demographic characteristics, which utilise data from Google’s interest-based advertising as well as visitor data provided by third parties (e.g. age, gender, and interests). Such data cannot be used to identify a specific person.
Cookies are unable to run applications or transmit viruses. Personal data can only be stored in a cookie if you have agreed to it or if it is absolutely necessary for technical reasons, e.g. in order to facilitate a secure login. The information concerning your website use compiled by the cookie is usually transferred to and stored on a Google server located in the USA. As part of this process, the IP addresses of users are shortened within EU member states, member states of the European Economic Area, and other GDPR member states. The IP address may be transferred to a Google server in the US unshortened and be shortened there in individual cases. Once your IP address has been shortened, it can no longer be used to identify you. The IP address transmitted by the browser is not linked with any other data stored by Google. Google LLC adheres to the provisions of the European data protection legislation and has been certified under the Privacy Shield framework (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active).
You may prevent cookies from being stored on your computer by adjusting your browser settings. However, we would like to point out that if you choose to do so, you may not be able to use all features on this website to their full extent. In addition, you may prevent Google from collecting the data compiled by the cookie on your use of the Website and from processing the data by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Further information is available here: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/
In addition, our website contains links to other providers and links to social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Google+). We have no influence on the kind and amount of data transmitted to these providers’ or social media platforms’ servers in this regard and are not responsible for these parties’ compliance with the applicable data protection legislation.
2. How does VSB handle my data?
We collect and use your personal data to respond to your enquiries, negotiate contracts, or fulfil our contractual obligations if a contract is already in place. Our data processing is limited to the information required for these purposes. Once such data are no longer required to fulfil these purposes, they are deleted periodically, unless they must be kept due to compulsory record retention periods as detailed in tax and/or commercial law or for evidence in accordance with the statutory limitation periods.
Your data is processed in Germany. If you contact one of our international offices, your data is processed in accordance with the applicable legal requirements in other European and non-European countries.
Part of our business activities is performed by group subsidiaries or by third-party partners (personnel service providers, IT service providers). In this context, personal data is only shared as defined in the agreement on contract data processing in accordance with Art. 28 Sec. 3 GDPR and only to the extent and for the duration necessary to perform the service. Additionally, your data is only transmitted to third parties if we are required to submit it to a state authority due to mandatory legal provisions or if you have expressly agreed to it.
3. How secure is my data at VSB?
We use all means available to us, both technological and organisational, to protect your data from unauthorised access, loss, or alteration. We continue to improve our security measures in accordance with technological developments. The members of our staff are obliged to maintain confidentiality and ensure data protection. Nevertheless, we would like to point out that data transfer over the internet, e.g. by email, may involve certain security risks or flaws. It is therefore impossible to completely protect data from unauthorised Access.
4. What are my rights as data subject?
You have the right
- to obtain information upon request and free of charge as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being stored at VSB and for what purpose, as outlined in Art. 15 GDPR;
- to demand the rectification and/or amendment of inaccurate or incomplete data in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- to withdraw previously given consent at any time with future effect in accordance with Art. 7 Sec. 3 GDPR;
- to object to data processing based on legitimate interests for reasons arising due to your specific situation in accordance with Art. 21 Sec. 1 GDPR;
- to demand that data be erased in specific cases as defined in Art. 17 GDPR, in particular if the data in question are no longer required for the intended purpose, if there are no legal grounds for processing, or if you have withdrawn consent in accordance with (c) above or have objected to processing in accordance with (d) above;
- to demand the restriction of data processing under certain circumstances as defined in Art. 18 GDPR where data cannot be erased or where the obligation to erase is disputable;
- to data portability in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, i.e. the right to receive the personal data you provided us with in a commonly used machine-readable format and the right to transmit it to third parties;
- to lodge a complaint on our data processing with the competent supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR.
5. Who can I contact if I have any questions or want to exercise my rights?
The controller as defined in the provisions of the applicable data protection legislation is:
VSB RENEWABLE ENERGY HELLAS L.L.C.
2 Ethnarchou Makariou St.
174 55 Alimos – Athens
Phone: +30 211 1100 284
If you have any questions concerning the processing of your personal data, please feel free to contact our Corporate Data Protection Officer. The officer is also available for any suggestions or complaints you may have and to help you exercise your rights as data subject. The officer’s contact information is as follows:
VSB Holding GmbH
Schweizer Str. 3a
Phone: +49 351 21183 657